Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I haven't had a drag in 14 days now. Today, when the guys went to the terrace garden for a smoke, I took along a cup of coffee and a few biscuits. The hands have to be kept busy. Since smoking kills the appetite, the aftermath of abstaining is putting on weight. I guess this is where the pushups come in- to tackle the eating binge that accrues from not smoking. The other problem is this constant lamenting on quiting. I'll probably make a big deal out of it till kingdom come.
Now here's the best thing that's come out of it.
I've suddenly become more organized- with my thoughts, work, quality time, money, my inspiration and my desire to learn new things. I'm now looking forward to what life has to offer, unlike earlier when I was more into what a bitch life is. Which of 4000 chemicals in a cigarette induces depression? Do they all work together like hyperactive cooks with a deadline to meet in a small kitchen? There has to be a tangible explanation for this because I've observed this difference in other smokers and non-smokers. Ouch... I'm hungry again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...