Tuesday, March 01, 2005

travel junkie gets a shot in the arm



Come budget and the Mumbai madness begins- 36 straight hours of staying awake through the budget analysis and shuttling between Delhi and Mumbai. After the storm, I slept for an hour at the very eccentric Gordon House hotel behind Regal theatre in Colaba, where my other colleagues were putting up. Lucky dudes. Once you enter the hotel, all you see is an all-white passage with mirrored walls. The reception is on the 3rd floor(!) and the elevator is lit with a dim blue light. The bathroom has an antique, extending shaving mirror. Very Cary-Grant-Humphrey-Bogartish, very, very eccentric.
well, work-wise, mission was accomplished, but I rather remember this hotel through the experience!
Last time it was the Ambassador. Very average compared to the Gordon House hotel. this joint has style.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, budget time again. I remember the last time you went.

    - Reshma Sanyal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, and it's one big headrush!

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...