Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hazarding Poetry VII- when i travel

Traveling for 2 odd days out of the city limits is important for me to keep my sanity intact. The more I see, the lesser I feel I know about what I see. It's like a fresh start to a new life when you get back to carry on with the essential evils.

leaving the city with 2 t-shirts to pack
why go somewhere just to get back?

sediments of work and the regular crap
seeping through the cranium, past the scalp
before it's terminal, someone get me a map

we have to get out of here,
it shouldn't be that hard
if there's anything I fear
it's being part of this facade

i could use an empty mind
some peace is what I need to find
drive, drive please be kind
before I drive myself out of my mind

where do we go? anywhere, mate
i need to wipe this overscribbled slate
give me the hills, a field of farms
the plains of india and all her charms

lets get lost in a thick forest

mountain air
kids without a care
green leaves
animals roaming like they own the place
dont want a trace
of where i came from, just this place

anywhere buddy, even if it's off-season
we need to space out and that's enough reason

are we carrying all we need?
camera, stereo and stuff doesn't matter
a mind and spirit need to be freed
really I tell you, it's more for the latter

11 comments:

  1. good work...is tat a call for me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally... go for that Jaisalmer trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...i wanno..if tats God's will...and wat abt u??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday... I guess there's a time for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. let the day dawn soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. u've got a blogdrive too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. do avoid that one...! It's not very easy reading and wouldn't make much sense...

    ReplyDelete
  8. r u busy these days?? why dont u get a tagboard here...coz my net connection is damn slow...and me have to first open ur blog..then click on comments.....then post comment ...and then...type the comment....

    ReplyDelete
  9. me a lazy gooze.....toatlly opposite to u in tis.....150 pushups/day.......oh my Gaud!!.....??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man i really appreciate ur love for iron horse

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...