Friday, March 11, 2005

Hazarding Poetry VI

Dream, fantasize of the Royal Enfield Bullet
It will come some day, so relax, cool it
When I hear the thump
it feels like a lump
of unfulfilled dreams; so don't let it die, fuel it

Someday I'll ride down to Jaisalmer
Right now its almost a dream, a prayer
I should carry that camera- that nikon coolpix
sun, sand, mustaches, bring it on, what a mix!

Go on, ride
in the RE I confide
that's my lady, that's my bride

350 or 500, doesn't make a difference
it's the animal inside and hence-
quit being that rooster on the fence

ride on, you beast
scan the land, away from home at least
so on the view my eyes can feast

hold that cam at an arms distance
compose blindly and steady the stance
capture the moment and that look on the face
friends and background too, just in case
away from the madness and rat race

aching to ride
with buddies on my side
it's about the pride
with nothing to hide
------------------------------------------
breathe in, breathe, breathe, breathing
honk honk brake speed screech screeching
choc a block like sardiiiiiiiiiiiines
angry glare, maddening stare, dont you flare, tear my hair
red to greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

hungry boy. did you look
stick my head in a book
hoping dog. sad hag. did you see?
filling my blog. reading a mag. can't you see?
check my email, love my shoes
I'm in the car. you get the booze.
rickshaw wala barefoot in the cold
does it look like he could choose?


bleeding girl, sad mother
flight food sucks, get me another.
weeping baby, begging child
internet down, i'm so wild.
pointless life pointless life pointless life pointless life.
---------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. hey Arjun...u know...i may have a chance of goin to Jaisalmer...coz its one of the sugested places for a trip from college...not pakka .. me cant travel in a bike/bullet like u.....but i wish..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia just see to it that you make that trip... do it at gun point but make that happen!Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will try my best to do it...

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...