Sunday, November 02, 2008

of mars and venus, and other stuff between us

Its funny how perception of an act changes with gender. Here's what I notice- in fidelity- when a woman cheats, its her prerogative, her freedom to choose who she wants to be with and not, it's liberty. When a man cheats, he's beinga bastard and a two-faced creep!
Gluttony- when a man hogs, he 'needs those calories'. When a woman over-eats, she's 'pigging it out'- unless she's pregnant.
Work- when a man is engrossed in his work, he's busy and focused. When a woman works alone, she's 'clearly not a team player'. When a man is on leave, he's 'got stuff to handle'. When a woman is on leave, she's 'looking out'. More when I notice things...

Other meanderings through the week- check out Fashion. Good flick- well made stuff I think. Priyanka Chopra was ok but Mugdha Godse was so...so..oh-my-god-someone-bang-my-head-on-the-steps-of-her-house-till-she-walks-out-and-takes-me-in-and-caresses-my-wounds-so-I-can-die-in-her-lap. She was great.
Other movies are not so happening. Roadside Romeo was ok. Its a great effort from homeland but we just cannot run away from the same tadka we put in our khaana and our movies right? C'mon guys stop beating to pulp the same dog and bone show over and over again. Please... we see the same idea in our regular stuff- jeeez grow up guys... 3d doesnt necessarily add dimension to your story. But I have nice things to say as well. Charlie Anna's character I liked. I just hope you havent copied from somewhere. Now that will break my heart and make me go howl at the moon. Ok too many puns... enough.

This is a couple of years too late, but nevertheless, found this song by Jason Mraz.

3 comments:

  1. I thought that in fidelity, it was when a man cheats, it's his 'playboy' and Casanova nature, but when a woman cheats, she's a slut and a ho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well- perceptions change with gender!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About Mughda Godse...what is it really about her that caught your eye more than any of the other women in the movie...her character, I'm curous...

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...