Saturday, November 08, 2008

lights out, roll it

This movie watching spree is out of control now. LAst week, I had seen every flick that was playing in a multiplex nearby. I ask myself- what good is this? Are there any learnings from this insatiable appetite for the celluloid? Do I take back more than I had before I lost more of that hard-earned money to that eager ticketeer waiting for another lost soul looking for solace in a dimmed out room? Am I any more cerebral today? I just feel sometimes, I can do this. GRab a handy cam, film something. Edit it a bit. Replay that, add something to it. It can be about- people watching people, different locations invoking different behaviour from the same people, or maybe, nothing at all.

The act of capturing people on camera is basically vouyeristic. The difference is, an actor gets a certain head rush in imparting that pleasure to you. The cameraman is a custodian of that sensation and the viewer is the hungry, salivating wolf- waiting to catch the lamb off-guard. Its a sticky web. You keep going back to the lair waiting to catch that lamb. Before you know it, you are not the predator, but more likely the prey.

Now here's one hell of an articulate person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...