Monday, February 06, 2006

Da book? Not really...

Just finished reading this book. I have to admit it's a page turner but what was the fuss all about?! Didn't quite understand where the plot was going; though quite interesting from the 'research' point of view. It's cute, really- how the author comes up with all those 'facts' and weaves the story with it.
By the way, do not get all emotional over the 'facts'. This book is nothing more that a work of fiction. For me, this was 4 years of art school and 6 months of French coming together in one reading. A must for graphic artists or anyone interested in iconography and symbolism- golden proportion, Renaissance paintings, star of David. Symbolism exists in our conversations when we obliviously refer to Egyptian gods in our daily slang or even pagan fertility gods when we raise two fingers in a 'v' shape behind a friend's head when a photograph is taken. If I'm ever in Paris, I'm heading straight to the Louvre.
Only way to finish this one is to keep the damn phone off on a Sunday. Last time I ploughed through a book was MY bible - the fountainhead.
Just to get another perspective of things, check this- http://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/DaVincde.htm
What I still can't get over was the 'last supper' being used as evidence on Christ's life- as though it were a photograph... lol... it's a painting!!

3 comments:

  1. My visit to the Louvre was one of the dumbest moments in my life. Standing there, watching the Mona Lisa made me feel like the dumbest guy on earth. It is a 2' by 1.5' painting which 90% of the museum's visitors come to watch.


    PS: I have attribute my dumb moment feeling to V. He made me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean you went there not expecting what you were going to see? in this day and age of the net?? that too the Louvre??? that too Paris????duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno Y..but started this book few months back and it has been weeks since i looked back at it..more than half to go..

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...