Monday, September 15, 2003

Today, a trucker refused to give bribe to a cop. The cop overtook him and shot him dead. 5 years back a middle aged woman was raped along with her two daughters by cops. The cops went back on duty as usual and no justice was served. Salman Khan is still scott free after having killed a man. Let me not start on what politicians are upto. Now, here's a viewpoint on patriotism. I am told to love my country no matter what. Had I been born in Sweden or Switzerland, would I have regretted not being born here? So what's happened here is that I got dropped in this great land by the storks and a 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' sticker was slapped on my forehead. Why, I want to know, should I love my country for this? The 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' isticker is an excuse for us to bypass all our problems. If I am a law-abiding decent citizen, do I not deserve a decent society?

The brain-drain we complain about has these undercurrents which justify leaving this country. It's NOT just about money and career. Get the hell out while you can. You never know when the government comes out with protocols which identify individuals that can generate value and restrict visas for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...