Monday, June 25, 2012

Chasing an evolving dream


I woke up to a Blackberry wake-up tone called 'Evolving Dream'- a 30 second tone. I was also dreaming at that time. The entire sequence played out like an ad in animated frames on a white plate. The plates kept getting bigger, denoting the meal we earn every day, our growing salaries and aspirations. The ad was about people exasperated over failing projects. All the projects were simulated by their HR training wing. Towards the end, the 'failing subjects' were shown the sequence in which they could see themselves, all recorded and edited. The frames had messages that changed as per the stage everyone was in. I watched this sequence while the alarm got louder in a loop. It played till I woke up.

Waking up to sounds as part of the dream is a common occurrence, with the sounds enmeshed in the dream, inseparable, like a theme. But sometimes it amazes me that the mind can cook up a dream, a string of images so quickly with the sounds that play at that time in the morning. So the duration of the dream was no longer than 30 seconds and the detailing was way too much to recall. This writup is just an overview. How I wish a gadget could record the visuals that play in the head. There's a treasure cove sitting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...