Monday, March 02, 2009

Conserve resources now godamit!!

Consumption is natural. It's part of the whole cycle we live in. We are cogs in this giant machinery and its only natural to exist in this cycle by consuming. But what if this consumption reaches a level when we are consuming to sustain egos? This is when we start consuming beyond required, organic needs. Changing our cell phone every six months, computers and monitors every 2 years, cars every 3-4 years, increases stress on natural resources with irrevocable damages. Imagine the landfills. Since nearly 55% of waste is buried in landfills, Imagine trees not being able to hold ground anymore, or the very realization that the earth we walk upon is now a cake layered with glass and plastic. Maybe this linear, resource-depleting flow is irreversible, but it can be slowed down. Else we will experience the aftermath in our own lifetime.

Now just in case you are one hard-assed %@&#er and genuinely don't give a rat's ass to environmental rape, the fact is that Gaia reciprocates to an individual likewise. So be aware of your actions; when it comes to throwing waste in any irresponsible way, else the natural elements will descend upon you with all its wrath in ways you will fail to fathom, you miserable little %@&#ing pest of a %@&#ing burden on the planet.

C'mon now. Find happiness in other things than technology. Spend time with family and friends and less with twittering on your stupid phone and blogging on your computer. Think not that gadgets glorify your existence or can proxy for love and affection- which clearly need to be prioritized over inanimate circuit boards. If that is the case, then you really need a life. My cell phone is four years old and my car is nearly six. Would that have any bearings on my levels of decency in general or how I come across? Now if it does change things, then that would make me one shallow loser of an asshole. But if I am an asshole and a real dickhead of a person, which would make me one despicable prick to have a conversation with, I'll be that way irrespective of what I drive- be it a maruti 800 or a 1000 horse-powered Bugatti Veyron with a top speed of a mind-%@&#ing, blistering 400 kph. So no point in turning to technology to enhance my personal worth.
But then, maybe spending over-the-top would reflect on my concern to be more sociable, right? Hell you're right! Oh jeez man I change my mind. I just cannot, categorically can NOT wait to pick up the next touch-sensitive (and Gaia insensitive) phone that's around the corner. I'll probably keep that shit for a few months and change over to the next phone that probably has a robotic arm projecting outward to stroke my eyebrows while I check myself out in the OLED screen-turned vanity mirror, you dumbass pest. And my car- that is so not my ride anymore. Gotto get myself that latest 200+ kph, 120 bhp babe magnet, neighbours-ball-wrenching, set of wheels; least the potential child-bearing hot females drooling at me think I am one loser not worth a few minutes of shit-chat.

All right, I'm done. Have a nice Monday morning, me homies. Hell, I have issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...