Thursday, March 19, 2009

bird of prey

soar my flaps and go wohoho
jump off that ledge and go so low
open those feathers and let the wind through
turn my sides so can encircle you

the sun is nice, lets ride this breeze
snatch a kids sandwich, that bite's a tease
A pigeon's in my radar, shall I spare it today?
these pesky flying rats will always stray
Another eagle in the clouds, now thats a challenge
Need some work for my ricketing talons
I'm sick of sparrows and sometimes a crow
Time for an airfight so lets go go go

I can see that frisky rabbit in the grass down there
looks fat and chubby unlike that bony little mare
Do I need a big meal? No just a snacky little bite
the hare will writhe a bit but wont throw a fight
that furry hide will hold really well
in the sky when I soar, vertigo will give it hell

Cut the clouds like a bullet, like a blade
the horizon swallows the sun, the day will fade
with my 6 foot wingspan I can soar for a mile
reaching my nest with a carcass and a pile
of other things I tore and parts and more

I'd rather be a bird of prey
than a man down there with so little to say
need I say anything else, need I say more
soar my flaps and go wohoho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...