Monday, December 24, 2007

mumbai taxi





































I could do a theme on Mumbai for every 1 day trip I make here. I'm picking on the taxis this time.

The taxiwalas are an endearing, ever helpful lot. And they love their machines like no one else- which are aging, low roofed Fiat padminis with all the stickers tatooing them, and their masters hold onto the door with their under-arms least a giant hand might swoop down anytime and snatch the baby away. To avoid the scalding door in summers, you'll spot taxis with 'welcome' arm rests hanging over the door.

They zip down the roads, nearly missing anything in the vicinity- like they were never made for contact. In the backseat, there's me in the centre- holding onto anything for my dear life.

1 comment:

  1. listen...its not that bad!! :-)

    bips

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...