Monday, November 17, 2003

Nitin is off to the east, a few global colleagues are out of the office, some of my friends are going through angst of all sorts, I get bored of everything, nitwits at work can ruin the day, I'm still designing websites, the animation movies I want for my collection aren't here yet, but yesterday was a good day.

After my Sunday sketching class at National Gallery of Modern Art, I walked down to Pragati Maidan for the annual Trade Fair. I took one look at the crowd outside and nearly puked. The people queued up looked like the machines breaching into Zion in 'Matrix Revolutions'. People everywhere, like packed rats and no one seemed to mind. I lost the will to go in and went into the Science Museum next door where I spent 4 hours like a little kid. That place is a good cure for the stagnant mind.

I noticed that the school children would more freely approach the constructions (which were supposed to be played with) than adults who would look at it from a distance. Why? What makes us lose our desire to experiment and question? Where are these mind blocks coming from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...