Friday, May 30, 2003

still pushing your keyboard and mouse? It's been three weeks since I put on a 10 kilo bagpack and walked 90 km into the mountains. It's a warm up, for what I will do in time.

What's absolutely eye-opening is the fact that when you get back from a trek or rafting or some outdoor activity like this and get back to town, everyone appears to be thinking and talking about vague nothings that hardly matter like how bad some actress is looking in some song and dance sequence or what some neighbour thinks of himself/herself... so @#*&%!$ what? I mean get the hell out of your little lives and see the world, get in the middle of two ice peaks and you'll know how miniscule your existence can be, or get into a rapid and you'll feel the current take you through it's own course. Then get back home and try adjusting with rediculous conversations and news events like safety pins showing in some celebrity's outfit, that too with interviews and debates taking up major print space. AARrgh, pathetic. Pathetikos, absolutely.

And to think of it, I was into the same crap some time back... God, I've changed, for good I hope.

This life is too big, too fantastic to sit around and contemplate. If I can't get a visa to go abroad (just coz I'm not married and am an IT professional- feels like some house arrest), my own country it is. I'm gonna explore what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...