Monday, December 30, 2013

Smart TV

By smart TV I meant interesting content and not the latest tech in TV that's frankly making us more numb. Though I stopped watch national TV many years ago, there is a certain kind of content I am attracted to that just got me all hooked up. Here's a list of some shows I watched in the last 4 years-

Curb your Enthusiasm - Brilliant piece of work here. Though its been 14 years since it aired, Larry David is still funny; born for improvisational comedy. He also co-created Seinfeld.

Breaking Bad - Best thing that ever happened to TV. Followed it till the end- talk about addiction (unintended).

Big Bang Theory - All 7 seasons were consumed in a span of two months. Give me a Sheldon any time.

Hung- Now don't raise your eyebrows without fully understanding the context. It is what it sounds like, but has a few interesting dimensions to it.

Californication - Same genre as 'Hung'; and I haven't laughed so much watching anything ever. Watched all 6 seasons.

Lie to me- Started out well in the first two seasons, when all facial twitches were explained. Then it got boring.

Mad Men- Though the art direction is well done, it didn't have the stickiness the other shows had. Couldn't get past the second season.

Community- Just started watching this. May not watch it for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...