Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rebuild

I close my eyes and imagine I am in a large clearing in a forest. As I look around, in front of me, all my past achievements materialize together in one large abstract shape. The shape has grown by tens of feet and is now as large as a building. These are things I have always been proud of. I brag about it, use it as a totem pole of pride, my flags and feathers are stuck on in it and I show it off to people. I use it as a support and a descriptive to who I am. I like to think I have done great things and I am my own Superman and Thor.

Now here’s the problem. I am not able to do new things with my life because this colossal pole will not move anywhere. It’s fixed, solid. I have built my home around it; using it as a support to hold up parts of my house. The roots are growing around it and I am in the process of getting fossilized.

I stand up and walk a few feet away from this ‘shape’. As I think hard about letting go of this all, I begin to scale up in size. I am now as tall as this abomination. Suddenly from nowhere, a Samurai sword appears in my hand. I look at the beautiful weapon. Its not just any sword. It’s a beautiful high-carbon steel Katana. I seem to know Kenjutsu and how to handle this work of art. I now have a job at hand.

All this building over the years of past achievements has been stopping me from advancing to next levels and take larger steps. It is time to destroy what I already have done, and move to new things. The less I have, the less I carry and faster will I move. It’s either a skinny hermit running through a forest or a fat rich man on a cushion. Let it all go now. As my mind focuses on the central core in my chest, my body has moved swiftly and slashed down this behemoth of a structure- created with my pride over past achievements. It has been reduced to a rubble. I put the Katana back into its sheath and look at the rest of the clearing. The forest looks larger and there is more to explore, because I want to. I run into the dark greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...