Sunday, August 03, 2008

love love love

You need it, I have loads to give.
love love love.
Can I sustain it? I might run dry.
But you keep it alive.
you are a deer in a forest
somewhere- on the other side of the world
I am a butterfly- flit float
so be it.

Tried my hand at cooking a subzi last week. Tossed in too much salt so ended up putting a lot of water to dilute the extra salt. Ended up putting so much water that it has to be drained out into 2 glasses. Ended up with the best vegetable soup I ever accidentally created. Goes well with lemon.
capsicum, onion, patato, garlic, carrot, 3 tamatoes, tadka and of course, way more salt than required.

The gluttony trip to Old Delhi with Ashish and Puneet was unforgettable. I fail to understand how we ate all that in a few hours. Good Ol' D rocks with food. Here goes what we downed very quickly. This is for reference, later when required-
1. Beer 2. Chicken Boti kababs 3. Beef Seekh Kababs (cycle market)4. Mutton Burra kabab (Karims) 5. Mutton Jehangiri Qorma with Roomali Roti and tandoori naan (Karims) 6. Kheer 7. Rabri Faluda from Darya ganj (Golcha) 8. Paan from Prince (Darya ganj)
Sinner, hit the floor and give me a hundred, right now.

Have started making origami birds- my meditation. That led to a whole lot of experimentation at work on pop up paper works. This should open something up.

3 comments:

  1. KungFu Panda05 August, 2008

    Just a curious blog reader...please don't mind my baseless questions..but do you eat with emotion or do you just live to eat big...you sure have some recipes to give...so loads to give, is it love for food or love inexplicable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the process, as much as the end product that I am in awe of. Some things organic are mixed, fused and affected by a fire and becoming something else- not just for consumption to stay alive, but that it becomes this perishable art that lives for a while till disappears, and that it differs in taste everytime, and affected by the weather, people and moods. Its so unpredicatable and thats the beauty of cooking. So its not just the food and its taste, its love for the whole gamut of things that make it great. Its like this great soup next to a beach and the weather is great and maybe you are in love while you are at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kungfu panda16 August, 2008

    Yesss...I so completely agree...the beauty of a complete experience is living a lifetime in a moment:)...way to go buddy!

    ReplyDelete

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...