Saturday, November 11, 2006

thought of your 9 seconds lately?

Sometime back, I was out on a drive in the middle of the night with two other philosophical friends of mine (3 philosophers in one car?! Nooo!!) when one of us started on the cosmic calendar by Carl Sagan. Now in this stunning piece of art, the entire lifespan of the cosmos is seen in proportion to a 1 year calendar. This give us an idea of time- if the big bang occured on January 1, then dinosaurs walked the earth only by December 24, and present day doesn't occur till midnight of December 31!

Now here's the killer. As per this calendar, the human lifespan is 9 seconds. Now what the hell am I doing with my time?

1 comment:

Wordpress it is!

I have moved to Wordpress. After much introspection and discussion on what Blogger and Wordpress are capable of, I figured a one-stop shop...